Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Baby Girl Dress


I was so excited when I saw the pattern for this dress on Made By Rae's sewing blog.  I really wanted to have a dress small enough for my newborn baby to wear.  (Basically, just for pictures.)  With my two other kiddos they always swam in their newborn clothes for a little while.  So, I thought it would be fun to have a dress that might actually fit her.


I was so intimidated to try to sew a dress, because I thought it would be really hard. Thanks to Made by Rae's pattern for the Itty Bitty Baby Dress, I was inspired to tackle my first dress.


I also learned some tips on how to make simple ruffles at Ruffles and Stuff.  I am all about learning from other peoples tutorials, and coming up with things that I love.


 I actually sewed this dress a few months ago, but last night put the final touch on it by adding some trim on the bottom.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to do something basic or another ruffle. I decided on something simple.  I am happy with how it turned out.  Hopefully, it will fit my little girl.  She is due any day now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

 

Breezy Design Company | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates